What Are the Benefits of Botox?
Fine lines and wrinkles are the unfortunate consequence of aging. No matter how well you take care of your skin, you will probably have wrinkles at some point in life. For people who want to look younger but don’t want to undergo the expense or recovery associated with surgery, Botox is a minimally invasive procedure whose benefits are expansive and can transform your appearance and wellbeing for the better.
WHAT IS BOTOX TREATMENT?
Derived from the toxin Clostridium botulinum, Botox Cosmetic has been FDA-approved for specific anti-aging treatments when injected in a controlled manner. While the word “toxin” makes people nervous, the formula is not a toxic or dangerous substance people need to worry about.
Botox is a non-surgical injectable cosmetic treatment that temporarily relaxes facial wrinkles. It is normally injected into a targeted muscle group in the face or other parts of the body, depending on the desired outcome. This treatment was once famous for giving a “frozen” look to the face. In modern times, you won’t generally need to worry about having unnatural-looking skin after the treatment.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BOTOX?
When it comes to anti-aging treatments, Botox is probably the most widely known and trusted. While dermal fillers are great for replacing lost volume in the face and filling in the lines that result, Botox is better for resolving fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the eyes and mouth. Whether you want to revitalize your appearance, prevent signs of aging, or use Botox for any of its medical purposes, the benefits are vast and numerous. Ready to put your best face forward? Here are some of the advantages and benefits of Botox.
- NON-SURGICAL, BUT COMPLETELY EFFECTIVE: One of the biggest draws about the Botox procedure is that it is nonsurgical. For those who aren’t ready or willing to go under the knife, Botox is an effective option to try instead. Rather than anesthesia and incisions, Botox patients are faced with numbing agents and injections. For many, it’s a welcome alternative to hours-long procedures and lengthy recoveries.
- LINES & WRINKLES BE GONE!: This treatment works by relaxing the muscles that create a repeated expression to decrease the effect of muscle movement on lines on the face. This can reduce the appearance of moderate to deep lines and wrinkles as well as prevent them from forming and worsening. Without the muscles constantly moving and creasing the skin, facial lines and wrinkles will begin to smooth. Not only will Botox help to lessen the appearance of existing aging signs, but it can also stop new lines from forming in other places. Combining preventative measures with healing time for the skin is one of the unique benefits that Botox Cosmetic has to offer.
- A QUICK, NON-SURGICAL BROW TREATMENT: One of the hardest-hit spots during the aging process is the forehead and brow, where deep lines can form and tired muscles can leave the skin to sag. Brow lift surgery is one treatment option to correct these problems, but Botox can provide a temporary, non-surgical alternative. With injections placed strategically in the muscles of the brow, it can be lifted to a more natural-looking position and alleviate the pressure and sagging. Some are happy to repeat Botox treatments at regular intervals to maintain these results, while others use it as a preview of what surgery could offer them. Either way, the results will speak for themselves.
- A LOW-RISK TREATMENT OPTION: Surgeries are often accompanied by the risk of complications. While some nonsurgical treatments also carry risks, Botox ranks among the safest. Some mild side effects can occur, such as headaches, light bruising, tingling, and discomfort at the injection site. Each of these symptoms will gradually subside on its own, without any long-term damage or other complications to follow.
- SAFE, REST ASSURED: Botox is especially effective when injected in areas where the muscles move frequently. This process is safe when injected by certified professionals who understand the location and functions of the muscles in the face and neck. It is important to remember that Botox treatment is a skill that requires training and should not be done to oneself.
- Dr. Javad Sajan, a Seattle plastic surgeon whose practice, Allure Esthetic Plastic Surgery is one of the top providers of Botox in Washington State suggests “while it does not have much risk and is suitable for most people, Botox injections are still a medical procedure and should be taken seriously. Make sure to research and choose a qualified, experienced provider.” Always make sure that you are working with a doctor, nurse, or trained professional injector to prevent treatment mishaps like the frozen look or unbalanced results.
- COST-EFFECTIVE: Of all cosmetic treatments, Botox is one of the most cost-effective. Depending on the treatment area and how much Botox is needed to get results, you will spend between $150 and $300 on a single treatment of Botox. However, this is much less than most dermal fillers and more invasive cosmetic treatments for lines and wrinkles.
- OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS: In addition to providing a way for people to look more youthful, it is believed that Botox injections can reduce the intensity and frequency of migraines, sweating, and overactive bladders. Botox can also remedy muscle stiffness and twitching, which can be an effect of several different medical conditions. Whether you have cosmetic concerns or a medical condition, Botox can help.
HOW LONG DOES BOTOX LAST?
Botox is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments that does not require plastic surgery. The results can be seen soon after the treatment and offer lasting visibility. For those areas that are treated with Botox, you should see results in at least 10 days. Wrinkles do not disappear but are relaxed to decrease their appearance. Deeper lines will become less visible while finer lines will be completely unnoticeable. Of course, Botox treatment needs to be repeated from time to time. Over time, your muscle activity will eventually return to normal and the Botox will begin to wear off. The results generally last about three to six months.
Following the instructions provided to you is important to maximize the benefits of your treatment. Maintenance with our Needle-Free Plumping Serum is perfect for in-between visits.
SHIELD SKIN FROM THE SUN
It’s no secret that spending time in the sun magnifies fine lines and wrinkles. Limit your sun exposure to get more out of your Botox treatment. Wear sunscreen every day and apply it for at least 15 minutes before going out.